The webinar will be held via Zoom on: 15 January 2021 from 17:00-19:30 (5 pm-7.30 pm - Central European Time)
Dr. Claudia Stern, Executive Director of ESAM Academy will open the webinar.
Chair: Dr. Declan Maher (President ESAM; Medical Assessor IAA).
Programme and Speakers:
17:10 – 17:30 "COVID-19 : new virus, pandemic and what is expected from vaccination"
Dr. Antonio Cassone, MD - Primary Professor Innovation Pole of Genomics, Genetics and Biology (Polo GGB), Siena, Italy.
17:30 – 17:50 “Helping People Perform to Their Best to Inspire the Recovery”
Mr. John Franklin - Head of Safety Promotion EASA.
17:50 – 18:00 Break
18:00 – 18:30 “In-flight Transmission of SARS-CoV-2: What We Do and Don’t Know”
Dr. David O. Freedman, MD - Managing Senior Director, Shoreland Travax and Professor Emeritus of Infectious Diseases, University of Alabama at Birmingham.
18:30 – 19:00 “COVID-19 Vaccines: commercial aviation considerations”
Dr. Ian Hosegood MD – Director of Medical Services Quantas, Australia.
19:00 – 19:30 Questions, Discussion, and Wrap up – Dr. Declan Maher (chair).
For this webinar, ESAM does NOT require prior registration. The ZOOM meeting can accommodate up to 500 participants and we will apply a first come first serve policy.
Participation is free: you will find the invitation and link to join the ZOOM meeting at the bottom of this announcement.
Application for AME accreditation points is submitted. Scattered through the webinar one or more questions will be presented. Participants wishing to apply for a certificate of attendance should answer the question(s) by completing the dedicated Application Form which will be published from 16 to 23 January 2021 on the website of the ESAM-Academy www.esam-academy.aero
Instructions for Participants
· The Zoom webinar will be open 20 minutes before starting time (16:40 = 4.40 PM CET)
· Participants are kindly asked to enter the webinar before the start time of the first session.
· Join the meeting by clicking, or Ctrl+Click, as indicated on the Zoom invitation link at the bottom of this announcement.
· When you join the Zoom your microphone should remain muted during the whole webinar and your video should be disabled.
· Participants are asked to use the chatbox function to post questions to the speakers.
· Update your Zoom version if necessary (https://zoom.us/signup).
· We do not allow recording or taking screen shots of the online sessions for data confidentiality reasons.
· Questions and answers as well as main discussion points can be recorded by session chairs at the speaker’s discretion.
Invitation to the Zoom webinar
When: Jan 15, 2021 16:00 PM Dublin, 17:00 CET Paris, 11:00 EST
Topic: ESAM Academy Webinar
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Webinar ID: 969 0879 6377
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/ab4wuKIai